ASCU is a two-piece electronic module (consisting of a command unit and a sensor unit), which, once installed in airsoft replicas, significantly improves their operation.
A traditional connector circuit was replaced with a sensor unit that monitors the current location of the sector gear, fire mode selector and trigger. Collected information is transmitted to the command unit - where the software in the CPU analyzes them and controls the motor of the replica via the active MOSFET brake. The ASCU2 Gen. 5 improves the gearbox V.2 operation and causes the replica to match the most expensive and complicated PTW replicas. It oversees the replica's operation no matter the speed with which the trigger was squeezed and it is responsible for completing a full cycle of the piston's operation, both in semi-auto and full-auto modes. After each shot, the piston stops in its starting position.
- ASCU features a Low Drain Protection system specially designed to protect lithium-ion batteries (LiPo) from damage.
- ASCU stops the replica's firing cycle in case of any problems, thus protecting the internal elements from further damage.
- The sensor unit monitors the operation of the sector gear and thanks to that the whole system is capable of completing full cycles of the gearbox operation (a BB will never remain in the barrel when the magazine has been pulled and the spring will never be strained when the replica is idle).
- ASCU unit is adapted for operation with new sensors that will prevent firing shots when the magazine is empty.
- The unit expedites the reaction of the trigger in an AEG replica, which in comparison to the ordinary unit, is practically instantaneous.
- It prevents accidental, double shots: when the trigger's consecutive squeeze is faster than a human reaction - each squeeze amounts to one shot.
- Easy-to-install unit replaces connectors and an anti-reversal latch in any V2 gearbox, whose elimination completely reduces the jamming of the piston. Furthermore, it guarantees that a replica will complete a full cycle every time (the spring will remain in the loose state).
- ASCU controls the charge level of a battery and does not allow its over-discharge, which is very important when utilizing lithium batteries (LiPo, LiIon, LiFe).
- The module detects issues and malfunctions by emitting a sound and vibrations as well as cutting off the power source, thus preventing further damage in a GB.
- In replicas equipped with an operational bolt-catch mechanism, by cooperating with the dedicated Hop-Up chamber, the unit eliminates empty shots, which means it is impossible to fire a shot when the magazine is not feeding BBs.
- ASCU significantly prolongs battery lifetime.
- It provides more possibilities than Systema Revolution or PTW at a significantly lower cost of installation and allows to make use of a wide array of spare parts available for standard V2 gearboxes.
Easy programming of fire modes in following configurations:
Safe + Semi + 3 Rnd Burst + Full Auto
Safe + Semi + Full Auto
Safe + Semi + 3 Rnd Burst
Safe + Semi Only
What changes were introduced in the newest Gen.5 version?
In the case of the new module, functions and parameters are similar to that of the previous model, however, the new ASCU unit is stored entirely in the Gearbox. As a result, no additional wiring and space in a replica is necessary. Along with that there are the following changes:
1. New MOSFET module with a 6 times smaller resistance - it results in a faster firing cycle, higher efficiency of the active brake, higher amount of shots per battery charge and a smaller amount of generated heat.
2. New, stronger trigger connector
3. New, reinforced design, entirely covered with polymer
4. Easier installation
5. Software update with an easier system programming
6. Improved cutoff lever
7. Improved selector plate
8. Compatible with all, also reinforced GB V2